Pastoral Care Ministry
The Pastoral Care Team is an extension of the Senior Pastors in providing spiritual encouragement and practical assistance to the Christian Life Church family. Our vision comes from Matthew 25:35-40, where Jesus said:
“For I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger and you invited me into your home. I was naked and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in Prison and you visited me. And the righteous ones will reply ‘Lord when did we see you hungry’…And Jesus will say ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'”
The Pastoral Care Team assists CLC Ministry and Get Connected Group leaders in providing Care for their team or group members and is the primary source of care for those who are not yet part of a Ministry or Get Connected Group.
The Mission of Pastoral Care Ministry is to help people in their time of need by demonstrating the love of God with spiritual and practical assistance.
Prayer is a key ingredient of Pastoral Care Ministry. Pastoral Care Ministers and the Prayer Team pray regularly over the prayer requests that are submitted to the church from:
- Connect Card Prayer Requests
- Prayer requests by phone call, emails, texts
- CLC website prayer requests
Below are practical ways the Pastoral Care teams make a difference:
- Meals for those recovering from illness, surgery, or grief from a death in the family
- Meals for new moms.
- Hospital, Rehab and Nursing Home visits for encouragement and prayer
- Home visits to those recovering from illness or surgery, to encourage, pray and provide practical help
- Cards and emails of encouragement in response to Connect Card Prayer requests
- Coaching and family resources
- Cooperation with Seeds of Faith Ministry which provides financial and resource assistance and a food pantry
If you would like to receive Pastoral Care ministry, please contact the Pastoral Care Director, Marna Holmstrom at Pastoral.Care@CITLchurches.com.
For Pastoral Care assistance, if you are a member of a Ministry Team or Get connected group, please contact your Ministry Team or Get Connected Group Leader.
If you are not part of a Ministry Team or in a Get Connect Group, please contact the Pastoral Care Director for Pastoral Care Assistance.
Web Hosting Provided by Maine Hosting Solutions